Mutt of Course or muttofcourse.com (“we” or “us” or “MOC”) operate an e-commerce store under the Mutt of Course brand.
We recognise the importance of protecting the privacy of its customers and other third parties who provide their personal information to us. We take our responsibilities and obligations to protect the personal information of our customers very seriously and follow stringent procedures to help protect the confidentiality, security, and integrity of the data stored on our systems.
Comprehensive security measures and access controls are in place to protect customer information collected and stored on our servers and systems and ensure that these details are only accessible by authorised personnel for authorised reasons.
This policy explains how we collect your personal information, what we do with it, and how it is protected.
What information we collect
The personal information we collect about you includes your:
- Name, age, date of birth and contact details (including residential or business address, delivery address, email address, telephone number);
- Pet ownership details, shopping habits and preferences and details of products and services you have purchased from us;
- Marketing preferences, including the type of marketing materials you wish to receive and the method of delivery (email, SMS, direct mail, or other); and
- Device identification information (refer to IP Addresses and Cookies below).
If you are a candidate for employment, we may collect other information. This may include information relating to your employment history, working eligibility rights, suitability for the role you are applying for, and your referee details.
Third party service providers
During online transactions we do not collect your credit card or banking details. These details are collected by our secure payment gateway provider and we do not have access to these details.
The cookies on our website are managed by our website hosting platform, Shopify Commerce Singapore Pte. Ltd. (Singapore incorporated). For your ease of reference, we have copied excerpts from the details provided by Shopify below. Additional details can be found on this link https://www.shopify.com/legal
Shopify uses several different cookies on the website, including strictly necessary, performance, advertising, and social media or content cookies. Cookies make your browsing experience better by allowing the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login and region selection).
Some cookies are necessary to allow you to browse our website, use its features, and access secure areas. The use of these cookies is essential for the website to work. We also use functional cookies to remember choices you’ve made or information you’ve provided, such as your username, language, or the region you are in.
To this end, we use reporting and analytics cookies to collect information about how you use our website and how often. These cookies only gather information for statistical purposes and only use pseudonymous cookie identifiers that do not directly identify you. Examples of these cookies include:
- First party analytics cookies - We use these cookies to estimate the number of unique visitors, to improve our websites and to detect the most searched for words in search engines that lead to a webpage.
- Third party analytics cookies - We also use Google Analytics and other third-party analytics providers listed below to help measure how users interact with our website content. These cookies “remember” what our users have done on previous pages and how they’ve interacted with the website.
How long will cookies remain on my computer or mobile device?
The length of time that a cookie remains on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies last until you stop browsing and persistent cookies last until they expire or are deleted. Most of the cookies we use are persistent and will expire between 30 minutes and two years from the date they are downloaded to your device.
How to control cookies?
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can choose whether to accept cookies through your browser controls, often found in your browser’s “Tools” or “Preferences” menu.
How we collect the information
We collect the information:
- When you make a purchase or complete purchase orders including the addition of samples/free gifts to your orders, registrations, requests or applications for our products or services, loyalty or other membership clubs;
- Where you access and interact with the website or the customer service team including via social media sites;
- When you communicate with us during competitions, special events and promotions; and
- Directly from you during conversations with our team members (by phone, in person or electronically).
If you apply for employment and complete forms applicable to the recruitment and selection process, we will collect your personal information through that process.
How we hold your personal information
We may hold your personal information in hard copy (paper) or electronic form. We use physical security, password protection and other measures to ensure that personal information stored in physical or electronic form is protected from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
How we use the information we store
We use the information that you provide or that we collect in order to establish and enhance our relationship with you. The main purposes for which we collect, hold and use your personal information are:
- To provide you with products and services that you have requested from us;
- To communicate with you, including about products and services, competition results, special offers, and events which might interest you;
- To answer your questions, provide you with information or advice or consider and respond to requests or complaints made by you;
- To carry out administration, marketing, planning, risk management, fraud and loss prevention activities. This includes providing the information to the brand/manufacturer to enable them to provide customised content and services to you via mail or advertising;
- To seek your feedback in relation to customer satisfaction and our relationship with you and perform research and statistical analysis using such feedback; and
- For product and service development, quality control and research to improve the way we and our service providers provide products and services to us and you.
If you are a candidate for employment, we may use your personal information to assess your suitability for a position with us.
The kinds of third parties to whom we may disclose personal information to include delivery services providers such as Shiprocket (BigFoot Retail Solution Pvt. Ltd), Trackon Couriers Private Limited, Wefast India Pvt Ltd (now Borzo) etc, manufacturers, suppliers, distributors, marketing and communications agencies such as WhatsApp Inc (USA incorporated), Meta Platforms Inc (USA incorporated), data analysts, IT service providers such as Shopify Commerce Singapore Pte. Ltd. (Singapore incorporated) and other external apps integrated with our website to provide customers with a range of different user functionalities e.g. our advisors including our professional advisors (including legal and financial advisors). We may also disclose user information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and other governing bodies.
We note that information submitted by you to Mutt of Course will be transmitted to and shared with third parties that may be located in other countries.
We may collect, hold, use, and disclose personal information for other purposes explained at the time of collection.
How secure is my information
We work end to end to ensure the information about you is secure. The ways in which we do this are:
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software.
- We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage, and disclosure of personal information (including sensitive personal information).
Whilst we are committed to implementing comprehensive security measures and access controls to protect customer information collected and stored, we make no warranty in respect of the strength or effectiveness of that encryption and accept no responsibility for events arising from unauthorised access of the information you provide.
Accessing and seeking correction to personal information
You are entitled to access your personal information we hold about you on request. You have the right to access, rectify and update the information that you have provided to us by visiting our site as follows:
- You can visit our website, www.muttofcourse.com to review and edit any personal information such as your saved addresses, view your previous order history etc directly through your account dashboard. You can further request access to your personal information that is held by Mutt of Course by contacting us via email on email@example.com
- We will endeavour to keep your personal information accurate, up-to-date, and complete. You can assist us with this by letting us know if you notice errors or discrepancies in the information we hold about you and letting us know if your details change by emailing us as firstname.lastname@example.org
- You have the right to withdraw your consent from processing your personal information. Please note that by withdrawing your consent means the deletion of your profile and we won't be able to provide further services to you. To delete your account please email us at email@example.com
Mutt of Course takes reasonable steps to delete or securely destroy or permanently de-identify your personal information where it is no longer required and to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, disclosure, loss, misuse, and alteration.
If you wish to have your personal information removed- from our records, you may request that your personal information be deleted or securely destroyed. It will not always be possible to comply with your request to delete or destroy your personal information as we may need to retain certain information for record-keeping purposes, to complete transactions and/or to comply with legal obligations.
Changes to this policy
Name: Pranav Sapra
Address: A-62, 4th Floor, DDA Sheds, Phase II, Okhla Industrial Area, New Delhi - 110020
PH: +91 9643387373
Time: Monday - Saturday (10am - 6pm)